Lean and mean, TPX is the ultra-tough municipal rubber fire hose—but without bulk and weight. Traditionally manufactured extruded hose can vary in thickness, becoming bulky and heavy. TPX’s unique 3-ply design features a ribbed cover and smooth nitrile liner that are extruded independently. The cover is inserted inside the tight-weave polyester reinforcement, vulcanized, then turned inside-out. The liner is then inserted and the hose is vulcanized a second time to form a bond of all three plies, guaranteeing a consistent, compact hose wall. This makes the lightweight TPX more resistant to puncture and easier to pack and store, requiring less hose bed space than typical extruded hose.
- Better by Design. The 3-ply nitrile rubber hose features both cover and liner extruded independently, along with high tensile strength polyester reinforcement, for maximum durability and flexibility.
- High-Performance. Smooth liner reduces friction loss for maximum flow.
- Durable. Nitrile rubber cover greatly increases abrasion resistance, provides long service life and the tightly woven reinforcement resists puncture. It carries a lifetime guarantee against delamination.
- Mobile. Smart 3-ply design affords incredible strength but with a lightweight profile making it easy to manage on the fireground.
- Flexible. Hose remains flexible to temperatures as low as -20°F (-29°C) and is resistant to ozone, oxidation, and most chemicals or petroleum products.
- Versatile. Suitable for attack, supply and suction applications.
- Certified. Manufactured in accordance with NFPA 1961 Standard, latest edition within our ISO-9001 certified quality assurance system.